The Thing Called Love

You know how you believe things in your head, but your heart is still wondering if it is actually true? Somehow our hearts need extra proof.

"Do you believe that God loves you, no matter what you do?" I was asked this question and it made me think. Yes, my head knows it, but my heart isn't sure. "When is the last time you have felt God's love in your life?" I drew a blank. "Has it really been that long?" I wondered.

How could I forget the wonderful things He did for me just a few short days before this conversation? On our long drive back to Minnesota, I thought about how God showed His love to me even before I boarded the airplane to fly to Montana.

I was nervous and antsy for the airplane to get there so we could board. A random guy sat talking to a stranger about the boots he makes. A woman listened to a bubbly little girl next to her. I felt alone.

A beautiful white-haired lady sat down beside me to wait for the flight. She smiled at me as she got herself comfortable. I said "Hello", and that started a lovely conversation about each other's families and homes and lives. Soon I found out that she is also a Christian. The time passed quickly as we chatted and we were dissapointed to say goodbye as we boarded the plane.

We met again at the airport in Portland Oregon. She offered to buy me food because I hadn't eaten supper. While I hesitated to reply, a lady next to me handed me a cranberry scone. "Here, have this. I thought it looked good so I got it, but I think God wants me to give it to you."

I thanked her and gobbled the scone down. My friend just smiled and let me eat but after I was finished she asked me about my trip to India and let me share my passion for the people there. Soon we were boarding our last flight. I watched the lights of Portland disapear along with Mount Hood. The flight was short and it felt like we barely took off until they were announcing that we would be landing soon.

I said goodbye to my friend and told her that I enjoyed traveling with her. She made sure that my sister contacted me and that I knew where to go. I found my sister and friend who drove three hours to pick me up.

How could I not feel loved when there are angels flying with me, when someone is willing to go on four hours of sleep to have me with her, when I have family who really care about what is happening in my life? How could my heart miss this love?

Yes, Jesus loves me. I know this to be true. Yet I beg Him to prove it to me day after day, and somehow, that's ok. God wants chances to show Himself strong, but I need to look for that love and not forget what He has already done for me.

What about you? How has God shown His love to you recently? How has He answered your prayers? Do you ever miss His love that He offers so abundantly?
*You may have noticed that I have not posted for a long time. There is a chance that will happen again, but stick with me, though my posting may be sporadic it doesn't mean that I have stopped. I'm hoping that through this journey God is taking me on I may have more to write about than ever before.

Comments

  1. Thank you ,Krysta for the great post! One way I feel God's love is His gift of friends and family that I can come home to. But, more importantly is the gift of His Son Jesus , the reason for Christmas.
    Thanks for being one of those awesome people in my life!
    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, I'm so thankful for our friendship! Keep on shining God's love.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts