Frozen Cookie Dough

Did you know you can mix up a large batch of cookies dough and freeze the dough in cookie balls ready to pop into the oven? I, for some odd reason, didn't know this until a couple weeks ago. One night, Allen and I were enjoying graham crackers and chocolate chips at 10 PM because I was craving chocolate chip cookies but didn't have the energy to bake them. A few days later, I was informed that you can freeze cookie dough balls and I was pretty excited to say the least.

One of my friends that helps at our house whipped up a double batch of cookies dough for us. We found out that 10 cups of flour truly is the max that my KitchenAid can hold. I think Meredith was wishing she wouldn't have even used the KitchenAid by the time she was done.

During nap time, I finished forming the balls and freezing them on baking sheets. Then I put them all in freezer safe containers and happily awaited future fresh cookies. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they lasted less than a week, they were that tasty! 

This recipe is from A Time to Eat cookbook.



Comments

Popular Posts