Focus On Jesus

  I find this so hard to do. 

  Yes, God encourages us to:
 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
~ Hebrews 12:2
 
  So what is wrong?  Is this world too distracting?  Do I have too many things to entertain me? 
We easily can point to those things and say, "Hey!  that's the problem!  I can't help it; there's no way around it!" 
 
  Honestly though... God didn't just plop us in this world and give us no ability to focus on Him!  The next excuse could be,  "I don't know how!  God is so big, where do I start?"

  That is one I have dealt with... but there is a reason God gave us a Bible that talks about Jesus and God quite a bit.  I think the problem is the excuses; the devil twists our thoughts so that we focus on reasons why we can't focus on Jesus instead of focusing on Jesus. 
 
   I'm speaking to myself here.  One of my goals for my character is to always look up, and to be pointing others up.  How can I do that when I'm so focused on this world and the excuses I come up with?
 
   Recently I was at a young woman's conference where a nineteen year old girl spoke.  She talked about focusing on Jesus and it really hit home.  She spoke with enthusiasm and a smile on her face.  She had some really good points and ideas.
 
   This is a chorus of a song that really fits:

           Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
       Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
     In the light of His glory and grace.
      ~Helen H. Lemmel (1863-1961)

  Please join me in the battle of putting away these worldly things and fixing our eyes on the One Who made them!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Krysta!
    I have struggled with this to and I appreciate the reminder.
    Love your blog...I know you will do an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts