Who Am I?

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt?
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart?

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are.

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow.
A wave tossed in the ocean.
A vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling.
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling.
And You've told me who I am.
I am Yours, I am Yours.
~Casting Crowns

That describes me.  I am a daughter of my heavenly King.  I am God's.  When I wonder who I am, that thought blows me away!  I don't know how many of you have looked at life and asked
         "What am I doing?  Am I going anywhere, helping in any way?"
I have.  Recently my amazing sister-in-law encouraged me by telling me that I do have fruit.  I needed that affirmation!  Even more important, I need to look at God and His Word and find affirmation from Him.
   If you feel like a failing, floppy, no good Christian, think again!  If you are hanging on to God He will give you fruit; He will give you purpose!  Also what I have learned is even when we back off from God, He will keep loving and pursuing us.
    Don't think for a second that I have it all together.  I don't. I feel like I'm stumbling more than I'm walking.  But I have Jesus!

   Ten Things About Me:
1.  I love Jesus
2.  I am an ordinary teenager
3.  I like drawing
4.  I go to a small Christian day school with 7 other students
5.  I like reading
6.  I am a library assistant after school
7.  I like beautiful colorful things
8.  I like writing
9.  I love kids
10.  I love my family and friends 

Comments

Popular Posts