Every-Day Blessings

There are so many blessings that we take for granted.  Or I should say, that I take for granted.  So when Thanksgiving rolls around we think of all of them.  I wonder why that is so often the case though...  Just because Thanksgiving is one of our holidays, doesn't mean that is the only time we know how to be thankful.  I'm speaking for myself too.  So (hopefully) I will be doing an every-day blessings post once a month. 
   
   My every-day blessings:
1. That snow sparkles  (wouldn't it be sad if we had non-sparkly snow?)
2. The invention of napkins  (Mom has a thing if we would wipe our hands on our clothes, then she would teasingly say, "Napkins were invented!" and we got the hint :)
3. A lady was at the library and quietly came up to me and said "I pray the Lord will bless you today."  God was so good to send that gift to me.  I felt truly blessed!
4. A man in front of us in a line at Wal-Mart played peek-a-boo with his baby and answered his little girl's many questions. (I always love seeing parents being parents instead of yelling at there kids) 
5. Wood (that heats our house and makes it smell like barbequed chicken :)

   So what are your every-day blessings?

Comments

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog yesterday!

    Your writing is wonderful. I enjoyed reading your list of every-day blessings. It's so helpful to take time to appreciate blessings.

    Hmm... a few blessings I've had this weekend:
    - Attending a musical
    - The first snow of winter in the South
    - Reading "Delights & Shadows," a book of poetry
    - Eating homemade chicken alfredo with friends

    Lots to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts