Why I'm Happy To Be 16...

    When you think of being a teenager, what pops into your head?  Drama, drama, drama?  Yes it is filled with drama...  and I'm not going to say that I don't get dramatic every once in while...  or more often :)  but, being a teenager isn't just about drama.  It is also a time of questions.  We may act like we know it all, but we really only know about 80% of it all.  I'm just kidding :) I would say me personally only knows an extremely small portion of a percent.  Like .000000000000000000001% if that!  Which means that you older, wiser people are welcome to share your wisdom.  :)

    It is also a time of change and worry about the future.  Change as in: joining the youth group, getting your drivers license, finishing high school, getting a job, and being put in positions of responsibility when you feel too incapable to be responsible.  And worry as in:  what the next step is, if we are doing anything right, and whether or not we will ever feel like we know what we are doing. 

    Even with those things, I like being 16! 
         
            Here's why:
1. I am young and have a lot to learn
2. I am free from the responsibilities of being a wife or parent so I can serve and help others
3. I can focus on and spend time with Jesus and grow stronger in Him while I'm young
4. I can have a lot of fun and be silly
   
    And I'm not trying to say that older people's lives are easier than the teenager's.  I know each age group has it's own struggles and hard times.  I'm just writing from my perspective of life right now.
  
    It's so funny, when I was little and looked up to the teenagers in my life, I thought they were so old and smart and had it all together.  Now, I'm 16 and I don't feel any of those traits!  I think I've heard that feeling doesn't go away over the years, so I might as well get used to it!
  
      Oh and speaking of having fun!
   
   

                         My friend and I were in Montana and having fun finding photo props!
 

 
You might not want to trust me with housekeeping :)


   
    I wrote a poem when I was 14 after my brother, a family friend, and I were in an accident and after my other brother broke his back from falling out of a tree stand.  So this is how I feel about my future and worries.
 
Give It To God
 
In what do I put my trust?
Why am I so easily worried?
Couldn't my heart song be-
I will trust and not be afraid?
 
God knows my every weakness,
He hears my soul cry out.
He sees me down here struggling-
He knows what I'm all about.
 
I can't love those unlovable
This is what the devil says.
I have to live in darkness,
And trembling without rest.
 
But God tells me a story,
Of hope and humbleness.
Love to those unlovable,
And trust from faithlessness.
 
There's no way I can do it,
Without God to lead me on.
He tells me not to worry,
He gives me strength when mine is gone.
 
He says "Give it all to Me,
I conquered this on the cross.
Your worries are unnecessary,
I have already paid the cost."
 
 
 
 
 



Comments

Popular Posts