Oh so much More!

  How many of you feel that you know things but when you read honest true words like those that Paul or David wrote, you are totally caught off guard and you think: Wait!  How can they say that?  How do they know that?  What's wrong with me?
 
  In other words I feel that way right now.  I need to be more honest and real about my struggles and strengths.  God has so much more to do in and through me... but I need to learn how to step aside and let Him lead and teach. 

  I have a problem with pride.  I feel like I know more than others quite often.  I need to keep my mouth shut and listen more.  

  "God gave us two ears and one mouth, so we ought to listen twice as much as we speak."       
                                               Author: ~Irish Proverb~                
  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.  1 John 2:16

  See what I mean?  The Bible has the simplest and easiest to understand phrases sometimes.  That verse just kind of cuts me off at the knees.  If I have pride of life, I am not of the Father but of the world.  What encourages me is that God provides a way out.
 
  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.  James 4:10

  I have so much to learn! 

  Let's all encourage each other to learn more from God's Word and from those who are wiser than us.  Let's not keep something inside that we feel God wants us to share.

Comments

Popular Posts