When Family Comes Home

Recently, one of my friends had a few of her friends come to visit her from her home state. I started thinking of some of my out of state friends and wishing they would come to visit me.  That same week, my sister got here from Montana.  We had a blast, and I realized that here I was, feeling "sorry" for myself when one of my best friends and sister was here to stay for two weeks.

We: ate a lot of ice cream, went shopping with a friend, did a photo shoot, played games, went garage saling, talked, and relaxed.  My brother also was home for a while and it was lots of fun getting to hear his silly jokes and hang out with him again. 

What would I do without family?  I realize that there are so many families that are falling apart right now and not working.  We still have struggles and miscommunications, but I am so thankful for my family!  Without my family I would: lose some amazing friends, not have such great role models that teach me the best way to get into trouble ;) and so on...

Why don't we pray for families more often?  I know I don't often enough.  Why don't we be the family for people who have none?  Why don't we appreciate the family we have? 

I hope you have an awesome day and be sure to tell your family you love them!

Comments

  1. Great role models for trouble??!! That's awesome! I wouldn't mind seeing some of the 'trouble'! :) Let me know when you have recently been influenced! Great post by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts