Boxes

Boxes are useful for many things (though if we are speaking of storage, I'd prefer a tote).  You can use old wooden ones as decorations, cardboard ones for shipping (and storage), you can use giant boxes for playhouses, and little ones for treasures.  They help us save space and make it easier for us to carry things.  We also use them for another purpose... which is putting people into them. 

Don't get me wrong, I do it to.  When I see someone, I immediately have an opinion about them.  They are:  rich, fun, pretty, sad, bored, conservative, and so on.  In my mind, I stuff people into my organized boxes right and left.  Now is something wrong with that?  YES!  Why?  God made each person unique. He gave them all different personalities and gifts.  But when we look at people we see their appearance and behavior, we don't actually see who they are.  To know who they are, we have to look beyond our noses and take an interest in them as equals, we have to ask God to help us see who they really are. 

Recently, God has shown me that I need to stop limiting people to the inside of the boxes I plop them into. (That is really what we are doing with our boxes)  God knows the people and He sees them in a much different way than we do. 

 "For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.”  1Samuel 16:7

Now I need to ask God to let me see people through His eyes.  He sees them with a heart of love and care.  He knows everybody and He wants us to know them too.  So lets throw away those boxes that only limit and restrain and let God show us the real person.

Comments

Popular Posts