Identification

  I got a name tag at the library not too long after I started working there.  It just said my name, but that was enough.  People knew that I was officially part of the library staff.  I liked having something that said something about me, all they knew was my name, but that was fine.  Many times later when I was at social events or something, I would think, "Where is my name tag now?"  It all boils down to: what is my identification?

  During my teen years I was told that I am a daughter of the King, I am set-apart from the world, I am saved, I am free.  I knew this in my head, but apparently I hadn't learned it in my heart yet.  As I would interact with people: old friends, new friends, and strangers, I would wonder what people thought of me and how I should be acting around these people.  I was insecure.

  God used someone to point out to me that if I am saved and living right with God, I am secure in Him.  I don't know how often I will need to learn this lesson, but I know that God is faithful to keep on pointing me to Him so I can find security there.  When you are focused on God and want to please Him, it no longer matters if you make a mistake in volley ball, it doesn't matter that you dress differently than those around you, it is ok to be "different".

  Let's trust God in this.  I still find myself comparing and worrying, but I know where to turn.  Let's remind each other who we are in Christ.  We are His.


                                                                                 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts