Every-Day Blessings... Continued?

  One year ago today I started doing every-day blessings blog posts.  It helped me notice the big blessings that I take for granted and the small blessings that would usually escape my notice.  I debated whether or not to continue it this year, but I think I want to switch it up a bit.  So many little things happen, funny, sad, or full of deep truth...  This year I would like to capture those moments and again try to post it once a month.  But what should I call it?  Every-Day Moments?  We will see :)


  Today we sang at the nursing home in town.  I stopped and talked to an elderly lady who was full of stories and smiles.  She told me about growing up in northern Minnesota, liking to fish, working hard for very little pay, having polio, and more recently, breaking her leg and getting over pneumonia.  She said all this and much more and you could tell that she loves life.  She had beautiful white hair and a colorful outfit.  I was blessed to have met her, and hope to be like her when I am in her shoes.  I want to love God, be full of life, and share that with those around me.


                 So what are some of your "every-day moments"?

Comments

  1. I'm excited to read your monthly Every-day Moments posts!

    Amber proudly showed mom and I her art drawing today. The doll's arms were ill-proportioned and gangly and the expression looked like a frown to the observer but a smile to the artist.Mom and I both cracked up laughing and because Amber was in a good mood and didn't get offended, I didn't need to feel guilty laughing about it! Amber was told to put her age and date on the picture so when she is older, she can look back and laugh about it to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your "moment" I think Amber will get a good grade on that piece of art because she noticed a lot of details on her doll as she drew. That makes me excited :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts