Who likes attention?   

To be honest, I like attention!  Why?  It makes me feel important, loved or cared about. 
Today I heard a sermon about placing God's approval above people's.  That is so hard to do!
  I find it hard to make sense of all the church politics, and I find it annoying that I take part in those politics.  Why do we look at the Christians around us to see what is "acceptable"?  Why don't we fall to our knees and look up?

This is something that I am guilty of doing...

Our Sunday school teacher showed us an illustration for this:  picture a ball of string with two inches marked off.  If our life was that two inches and the rest of the string was eternity, how would that effect our decisions?  Would we continue looking at the people around us, or would we look to God? 

I need to start looking to God for help, for wisdom, and for strength. He is the One that matters most anyway!

Comments

Popular Posts