Every-Day Moment

The "Road"

Mom and I were late getting to Grandma's.  We were going to say goodbye to my aunt and cousin before they left and then go from there to church.  Since it was a Sunday morning, out of  habit,
Mom turned on the church road.  She realized the mistake and turned to start heading toward Grandma's road.  Half way there, stood a snow pile, blocking part of our road.

 
 
  What a silly place for a snow pile!  Mom was going to turn left and go around the block but I saw no reason why we shouldn't keep on going.  She took my advice and went around the snow pile.  Soon we realized that we had made a terrible mistake.  We had started out on a snowmobile trail!  After Mom imparted blame on me, it donned on both of us how ridiculous this was.  We both burst out laughing as we puttered along, probably ruining the whole track.  :)  Half way through, we stopped and couldn't keep on going.  Mom put it in reverse and we started backing out.  We got stuck there too, but we knew of someone with a 4-wheel drive pickup -my dad.  He came and saved the day, and Mom and I got to Grandma's just in time to say goodbye. 
 
 
  It seems like Mom and I know how to get into silly situations.  This reminds me of another predicament we were in.  You can read about it here.  You will find the story in February of 2014 under the title Field Trip.

Comments

Popular Posts