Every-Day Moment

A thunder storm was beating outside. I was with my friends, and we were chatting in their attic, after getting dripping wet from the rain. We were completely oblivious to what the weather was doing outside.

 In another house, one of my friends was at home by herself.  She was listening to the news as they started forecasting a tornado warning. It sounded like a very real possibility of a tornado coming through. The weather forecasters were telling people to take shelter in their basements.

My friend, in a wheelchair, knew that she couldn't get to shelter. She began to pray that God would weaken the storm, just weaken the storm. No tornado hit the ground, my friend was able to fall asleep safe that night. The next day, she was listening to the news again. The reporters, who were so sure that the storm was going to be catastrophic, announced that the storm was greatly weakened the night before. 

I was helping my friend a few days later and we compared notes. I was so encouraged by this beautiful story and I hope you are too. Remember, prayer works!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts