Trust

Psalm 131   Living Bible (TLB)
"131 Lord, I am not proud and haughty. I don’t think myself better than others. I don’t pretend to “know it all.”
  I am quiet now before the Lord, just as a child who is weaned from the breast. Yes, my begging has been stilled.
 
O Israel, you too should quietly trust in the Lord—now, and always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's look at that last verse. Insert your own name behind "O".

O Krysta, you too should quietly trust in the Lord-now, and always.

This short chapter is a beautiful testimony of the Psalmist. He obviously had to learn how to be quiet and trust in God. He explains that he is still learning. He doesn't know everything. He learned that he isn't hot stuff or better than others. He learned to be quiet before the Lord.

Then the Psalmist encouraged you and me by telling us to quietly trust in God.

How I needed that reminder! Life has been so hectic lately that I forgot how to be quiet before God. I forgot that I needed to trust in Him. I just ran madly. Until I realized that life isn't all about me.

I had to realize that me serving others- doesn't change the world. Especially when I do it with a haughty spirit. It is Jesus in me that can change the world.

God gently reminded me that I need to draw near to Him. He told me to rest and grow in Him. I don't need to have an overloaded schedule to be loved by my Creator. He wants me to just be loved and live loved.

So to all of you:  Maybe life has felt like a whirlwind recently. Maybe the jobs seem endless and you have no energy to go on. Remember that God's desire for you is to lean on Him and trust. He feels the pressure you are feeling and He wants to carry your burden. He is there in the chaos, calling your name.

"O _____, you too should quietly trust in the Lord-now, and always."


*Picture and verse from Google images


Comments

  1. Thank you Krysta..I see Jesus working in and through you in many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Londa, thank you for the encouragement. I know that Jesus is working in your life as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts