Every-Day Moment

I was tired, hungry, and cross.
 
I parked at the store my dad works at and flopped my head on his desk. He asked me how I was.
 
"Tired"
 
After that I tried to make myself function normally. I tried to stop being so grumpy. Dad probably had a longer, harder day than I did.
 
He said, "Why don't you go take a nap?"
 
"Where?"
 
"Just curl up on a chair in the office."
 
I tried, but then thought of all the things I needed to do yet.  After not trying very hard at taking a nap, I heard my dad walk in.
 
"What do you want for supper?"
 
"I don't know..."  Then I thought, I could get coffee! He would take me to the gas station and get me some sort of sweet coffee with some pizza or something. With that thought I asked him if we could go to Casey's General Store. He got me a mocha and a ham sandwich.
 
I was a happy girl again. Caffeine was being pumped into my veins, I was filling my stomach with a lovely sandwich, and best of all, I had a dad sitting next to me who cared about me.  
 
I love my dad! This is just one of the many instances he has given and loved without asking anything in return. He knows what I need to keep me going and he is willing to provide it. He watches out for me, yet encourages me to try new things.
 
On Sunday morning, we learned how our Heavenly Father can be an example and guide to our earthly fathers. Though there are no perfect dads, there are dads that seek God's example and follow it. They may mess up, but they continue to call on God for help.
 
For those of you who don't have a Dad that is there for you, remember that God is the Father that will never mess up. He will always be there for you, you only need to call on Him.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts