All I can do

I have been struggling...  When God gives you a passion for something, what do you do with it?

I see kids of all ages looking for something. 

In India, I saw a girl that was looking for someone who would buy her string of flowers. Her eyes were empty... more than empty.  They were searching.

At the library, I see kids that are willing to trust me. Me, who hardly knows them; me, who is totally different from them. Except for one thing. We are both searching.

At my friend's house, I see four girls, seeking for more, deeper, communion with God.

Am I the one to show them what they are looking for? 

I am not the answer. They are not the answer. No human is the answer. 

When I looked in the eyes of the Indian girl, all I could do was pray and mourn for the girl behind those eyes.

When I hear the stories of the children at the library all I can do is sympathize with them and pray.

When I see the hunger for God in my friends, all I can do is point them to Him and pray with them.

God can do way more than we can do!  He can move through me and do all that I can't do!

When God gives you a passion for something, what do you do with it?

Is there more that I can do?





Comments

Popular Posts