A Relaxing Weekend

There were eight kids, ranging in age from 14 years old to 18 months. Jorgan was there to help, which I was thrilled about. Mom was helping with food.
We were at a single mom's retreat. Two of my aunts, with their church, put it on every year. It was a very relaxing weekend. On Saturday, the guys pulled out the four wheelers and started driving the trails through the woods. The girls watched with impatients until they were offered a ride as well.
My uncle took us out on a boat ride and showed us the only "island" on the 30 acre lake. It was about 4 ft. by 5ft. with a couple baby evergreen trees to make it picturesque.
I loved hanging out with the girls and getting to know them. The oldest is 12. She is very sweet and has a heart for people. Her two little sisters are equally sweet. They did such a good job looking after their little brother, as did all the siblings.
My cousin and her best friend were also fun to hang out with again. They are hilarious together!
Playing with the little one was wonderful. He is so very cute and little. On Saturday I knew he missed his mama and was very sleepy.  I was so excited when I was able to get him to fall asleep. He slept for an hour and I felt so blessed to hold this sweet boy.
On Sunday I felt like we were all just getting to know each other and then we had to say goodbye. But not until we took a few more rides on the four wheelers. Splashing mud, tasting dust on my lips, feeling the wind against my face, seeing wildflowers and orange leaves on the sides of the trail, all of this was wonderful, but I was happy to give my spot back to the oldest girl.
Thank you Jesus for wonderful people and good memories!

Comments

Popular Posts