Peace and Battle

Lord Make Us Instruments of Your Peace

Chorus:
Lord, Make us instruments of Your peace,
Where there is hatred, let Your love increase
Lord, make us instruments of your peace,
Walls of pride and prejudice shall cease
When we are Your instruments of peace.


Where there is hatred, we will show His love
Where there is injury, we will never judge
Where there is striving, we will speak his peace
To the millions crying for release,
We will be His instruments of peace

Where there is blindness, we will pray for sight
Where there is darkness, we will shine His light
Where there is sadness, we will bear their grief
To the millions crying for relief,
We will be Your instruments of peace.



  I love this song. We sang it in Chicago as we watched all kinds of people walk past us.

  But do we really practice the words in this song?  I had to wonder this as we sang it in front of hurting and confused people.  An audience that kept on walking by, living theirs lives.

  I had to wonder...

  How often do I look at a person and judge them?  How often do I sit back and watch those who are making poor choices?  When have I stepped into the darkness and shone Christ's light? Are we really being "Instruments of peace" as this song says, or are we only causing strife ourselves?

  I just heard a quote that I don't know the source of.

 "Soldiers on the battlefield fight the enemy, but soldiers in the barracks fight each other."

This statement nicely put into perspective what I have been struggling with recently. I keep on thinking that some of the Christians around me don't measure up. They might not get excited about the same things that I do. Maybe they don't do what I think they should do. All the time, I am floundering in the barracks, losing my own battles.

  God has called me (all of us) to so much more.

1Timothy 6:12  "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses."

Jesus promised us His peace.

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

With Christ in us and for us, we can fight in the battlefield alongside our fellow Christians. God will be victorious!  Are we ready to go out and be God's instruments of peace, fighting for the many lost souls of this world?


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts