January 18, 2017

I almost panicked as I looked at the clock in my car. 7:18     My phone confirmed that it was almost that late. 7:15    I hit the gas and hoped I would get to school before the students did.

Sure, I had been at school parts of two days to do checking and organizing over the weekend so I was prepared for the day, but it would still be embarrassing to have to trudge to the door and unlock it while the students look on.

The day went like most have so far: good, but crazy.

A student needed a new checking key so I rummaged through file cabinets trying to find it. Much to my displeasure, I knocked the large easel over and the white board landing directly on my head. I started thinking how ridiculous I must look and sound! Thankfully, I pulled the board off my head before my student found me to see if I got the book yet.

No, I hadn't, and I would find it later - maybe when no one could see my crazy ways.

The school day ended, and the students said their goodbyes. After the students left, I realized I hadn't given them their report cards.
"Oh well, I'll catch them tomorrow!" I thought.

Trying to act civilized, I decided to text my sister so that I could hear from the outside world. Our texting conversation went like this:

Me: Hey! How is your dah going?

Dea: My dah is going pretty good. How is your dah? ;)

Me: Lol :) not bad but obviously a bit hectic ;)

Dea: That pretty much describes mine. :)

I giggled as I got back to checking tests.

Soon, I was lugging a basket of books out to my car. I was thinking warm thoughts of going home when my foot slipped and I landed on the cold, hard ice. The good news is that the basket of books landed upright and I continued on my merry way - mumbling something about the fact that ice has no give.

Yes, my dah was pretty good.


Comments

  1. It's good to know other people do stuff like this too! Thanks for sharing Krysta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts