Sweet

  The memories of Pearl India are oh so sweet

  I couldn't have imagined this a year ago as I woke with despair, realizing again that our baby was gone from our reach. Now, as I listen to JJ Heller's song, "Always" the memories of:

•Us celebrating her new life when we saw those two little lines

•The lovely summer of preparing for her

•Pearl's perfect body in our arms

•The nearness of God as we said good bye

 All hold my heart in the sweetest way. No longer do I feel the despair that I did that first morning. Oh I still miss her! As Allen and I walked though the woods today, I imagined her toddling between us. Two tiny brown pigtails. Sparkling blue eyes noticing all the pretty things on the path. 

 Yes, I miss her, but the thoughts and memories of her have softened and have become less painful as God worked in our breaking hearts.

 God is good! I can say that with even more confidence than before. I think about the things we never would have learned without her in our lives. Because of her, God taught us: 

•Empathy for other's grief and emotions 

•The reality of how precious each soul is

•A strong desire to love children in our home (which led us to sign up to become foster parents)

•Understanding God's presence in a new way

  Thank You, Lord, for giving us Pearl India and for all the lessons You have taught us through her life and death. In Jesus name, Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts