Dearly Loved

‭‭
Our children absolutely love their daddy. As soon as he enters the room he's covered with three squirming toddlers trying to get his attention first. They love to watch what he's doing and try to "help" as often as possible.

The other day I read this verse: 

Ephesians‬ ‭5:1‭-‬2‬ ‭HCSB‬‬
1. Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children. 2. And walk in love, as the Messiah also loved us and gave Himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God. 


Immediately I saw the children in our home immitating their daddy and I asked the question, do I do that with my heavenly Father? 

Am I excited to jump into his arms the first moment I can in a day? 

Do I shout his name across the room when I see Him move? 

Do I copy everything He does and teaches me?

I wish I could say that I do all of those things, but too often I'm busy taking care of myself. Busy cooking the food, cleaning up the mess, holding a sad child, the list goes on. 

Do we as mothers/caregivers hold the potential to love like crazy the moment we step into the role of "dearly loved children"? 

I want to learn from my toddlers to pause, get excited about the love my Daddy God has for me, and copy His every move. May we all remember that before being whatever title we are used to being called (mom, friend, teacher, boss) we are God's dearly loved children. We can rest and live in that, our actions reflecting those of our Father's.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts