They Call Me Mom-Mom

They call my mother "Marmee", they call Allen's mother "Mommy", they call my Grandmother "Grandma". 
What do they call me?

"Mom-mom"

I tried to train them to say Mama. I referred to myself as Mama all the time. Allen and my sister helped by calling me that when they talk about me to the children. Then what comes the most natural?

"Mom-mom"

I may still refer to myself as Mama, but I know in my heart of hearts that I'm their Mom-mom instead and I am learning to be okay with it. Now I find it slips off my tongue even easier than mama.

Nova runs up to me and says "Hi-hi, Mom-mom!" Could there be anything sweeter? Jasper looks up with his blue eyes and says "Mom-mom, hold me!" How could I refuse? Angie looks deep into my eyes, almost down to my soul, and I know even if she doesn't say it, that she loves her mom-mom.

~These photos were taken on Mother's Day of this year. Did they want to sit still for a picture with Mom-Mom? No they did not.

Comments

Popular Posts